It’s 2:00 PM on a Tuesday afternoon, do you know where your sales staff is? These salesmen phone statistics may shock you! Dun, dun, DUN! It’s difficult to manage a sales team in the digital age and even more difficult understanding where your sales dollars are spent.
Office phone systems for small businesses offer valuable insight. Small business phone systems with call monitoring and live updates are a handy way to track your sales calls and monitor staff success rates, but without them we are lost.
Perhaps a little insight into the day-to-day lives of your sales staff using cold calling statistics may help.
- Every day, the average small business phone service user makes roughly 20 calls.
- On average, sales staff have over 200 return calls to make throughout the month.
- 92% of all customer interactions take place over the phone illustrating that office phone systems for small businesses are vital to all sales staff.
- The average voicemail response rate is 5.2%. Are your sales staff returning calls or becoming inundated with menial phone tasks?
- 42% of sales reps say they don’t have enough information about a prospective client before making a call. That’s just outrageous.
Ok enough with the cold calling statistics. How can you put this information to use in your own company to change your phone sales techniques in 2018?
- Start with integration. Office phone systems that allow you to monitor and track calls will make all the difference when it comes to return prospective client phone calls.
- Spend more time learning about clients before calling them. Integrated CRM systems for small businesses can help your sales staff learn more about a client and communicate in house effectively.
- Voicemail to email provides stability and follow up. Does your small business phone service carrier provide that feature?
Food for thought. Speak to your sales staff and find out what they need to make successful cold calls and follow ups.